Commissioning Custom Furniture

Custom furniture is a uniquely collaborative process, vastly different from the retail experience. Client and maker work together to bring ideas to fruition. The process begins with a discussion to define preferences, requirements, and the scope of the project.

In order to get a sense of a client’s taste it's always helpful to meet in the space where the commissioned work/s are to be placed. If it’s not possible to meet at the home or business of the client, any reference material available is appreciated, as well as any reference that may provide further insight on the direction of the commission. 

Designs will be presented in the form of computer renderings with accompanying technical drawings, material samples and price estimates. The build will begin when designs, materials, timeline, delivery method, and price are confirmed, and a deposit has been paid.

I offer custom furniture services throughout Canada, the United States and internationally.

Pricing and Payment

Every project has three payment stages. A design deposit ($200 per piece or 10% on projects over $10k, non-refundable), project deposit (60%, non-refundable) and final payment (remaining 40% balance, minus design deposit, non-refundable).

A design deposit is due in order to begin any project. This deposit is taken to partially compensate, should the client decide not to go through with a project after design work has been completed. If the project moves forward, the design deposit is taken off the final payment.

Once designs, materials, timeline, delivery method, and price have been established and clients are ready to move forward with the build, the project deposit of 60% is due, and is non-refundable. The remaining balance is due before furniture is sent out for delivery, or released for pickup. 

Any past due invoices are subject to a 15% interest charge after 10 days, and an additional 15% every 10 days thereafter.

Lead Times

Lead times vary depending on the project. Single item custom furniture orders generally have a 6 - 8 week turnaround time from the date the deposit is made. Larger design and build projects, such as custom furniture and millwork for retail spaces, offices and hospitality can take longer, depending on the scope of the project.

Return Policy

Because of made-to-order nature of commissioned work, I am not able to accept returns, offer exchanges or refunds. Once your order is placed, cancellations are not accepted.

Accepted Payment types

Cash, e-transfer, all major credit cards